Prepare for your Installation !
The following are things you can do to prepare and incur a smoother installation process:
It is recommended that a phone or IT vendor be onsite during installation. Metronet will not be responsible for any costs incurred by the phone and Internet vendor.
- There must be power to the area where Metronet Equipment (ONT) will be installed.
- The area where equipment is to be installed must be safely accessible and free of clutter.
- If new construction or Remodeling, walls must be up to install ONT.
- Per the Metronet Service Agreement, Metronet is responsible for service up to the Metronet DMARC (ONT). Anything beyond the DMARC (including phone & data (Ethernet) outlets/jacks) is the customer’s internal network and the business owner’s financial responsibility to contact the IT and/or Phone vendor for installation, support and/or repairs relating to the customer’s internal network.
- Vendors will be responsible for locating all lines prior to the Installation Date provided by Metronet and will be responsible for connecting Customer’s internal phone system to Metronet’s demarcation point.
- If phone numbers are being ported, the phone vendor must be present on the Installation Date to move phone lines. The customer will be responsible for scheduling the phone vendor on the installation date and shall pay all expenses associated with the phone vendor.
Prior to the appointment
- You will receive a reminder email, and text if you are opted in, the day before your appointment.
- On the day of the appointment, you will receive an email and text notification when your tech is on their way and again upon arrival.
During the appointment
- When your tech arrives they will take every precaution to keep your business safe by using protective equipment and complying with social distancing guidelines.
- Once your installation is complete your tech will demonstrate how your business services work and answer any questions.
After the appointment
- After your appointment you will receive a customer satisfaction survey by email and text.