As demand for phone service grows, the need to utilize area codes to distinguish unique phone numbers grows as well. As a result, 10-digit dialing is increasingly required in areas around the country. The FCC has a guide on their website that goes into further detail.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between intrastate calls and inter-state calls?
- How do I improve the performance of my cordless phone?
- How do I get help when my phone is not working?
- Where can I find more information on 10-Digit Dialing?
- What is the difference between local and long-distance calling?
- Can I keep my existing phone number?
- If my power goes out, will I still have phone service?
- Can I make long-distance calls with Metronet phone service?
- Can I make international calls with Metronet phone service?
- How do I protect myself from phone scams?