Spyware is a form of unwanted software that may be installed on a PC. It observes the activity on the computer, especially Internet activity. It may not have a significant performance impact on the device or directly interact with user files, but it is detrimental, nonetheless. Some anti-malware software applications will also detect and remove spyware.
Articles in this section
- How do I check my ONT (Optical Network Terminal) for connectivity?
- What is a VPN?
- What is DNS? What is reverse DNS?
- What is ARIN and do I need to register?
- What happens to my IP address if I move or change my Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
- What is the difference between a "single static IP" and a "block" lease?
- Do IPv6 and IPv4 addresses look different?
- What is IPv6, and do I need it?
- What is the difference between a dynamic IP and static IP?
- Why would I need a static IP address?