Phishing is a type of social engineering in which someone attempts to impersonate a third party in an attempt to acquire sensitive information from an individual. Often, phishing will be in the form of an email in which the sender fraudulently claims to represent an official business or organization. The goal of phishing is to use the information gained to compromise an account with a business/institution, or to gain sensitive financial information from the person being targeted.
Articles in this section
- About your static IP address
- Do IPv6 and IPv4 addresses look different?
- How to create a strong password?
- How do I check my ONT (Optical Network Terminal) for connectivity?
- How does fiber Internet work?
- How is fiber Internet installed?
- Order and set up your static IP address
- Troubleshooting Internet issues
- What is a VPN?
- What is DNS? What is reverse DNS?